Cleaning the bathroom is one of those tasks that no-one likes to do but it is important to keep it clean. Using everyday ingredients that are available in your home could save you time and money as well as keeping you clear of chemicals in shop bought specialist cleaning products.
The staff at EA Mobility spoke to our elderly relatives to find out if they have any ‘hacks’ to make cleaning the bathroom a much easier chore. Here’s what we found out.
- Put several tea bags in a jug of warm water and let it go cold. Pop it in a spray bottle as the cold tea is now perfect for degreasing
- Fill a sandwich bag with white wine vinegar then tie it round your shower head and leave it overnight. This is perfect for removing limescale
- White wine vinegar is also perfect for cleaning your glass panels. Just pop some on a cloth allowing you to easily remove limescale
- Mix up a batch of baking soda with vinegar and pour it down your drains once a week, this will prevent blockages. Allow it to fizz and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing with hot water
- Use half a lemon to rub on taps to get rid of water spots, it will also kill bacteria and swipe through any grease
- Squeeze half a grapefruit into your sink or bath and then sprinkle some salt over. A quick scrub will leave your bathroom sparkling and smelling great
- For tougher stains on the toilet seat, mix a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda with a splash of water and spread over the stained area. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse off for a sparkly finish
- For removing mould and mildew, mix up two cups of water and two teaspoons of tea tree oil in a spray bottle. Leave for several minutes before rinsing with warm soapy water.
There is something really nice about using these old household solutions which work without using harsh chemicals and toxins. Plus it’s great to find another use for everyday items you already have at home.
Get in touch with us on social if you have any other ‘hacks’ you would like to share !