Wet rooms are an incredibly accessible and stylish alternative to a bath or shower. They are a fantastic way to add functionality and bring that ‘wow’ factor to your bathroom giving the illusion of space and luxury.
They also provide a great space for you to relax, no need to worry about squeezing into a small cubicle, you can stretch out and let your muscles relax in a nice warm shower.
So what exactly is a Wet Room?
A wet room does exactly what it says on the tin – it is a room that can get wet. A wet room is completely waterproof with a shower area that is at the same level as the rest of the floor. The room itself in effect becomes the shower cubicle. The water drains away through a drain inset into a slightly sloped floor.
Because wet rooms are fully waterproof there is no need to have a screen but if you would rather not have the water splashing outside of the area you are showering in the screens can be fitted.
What are the Advantages of Choosing a Wet Room?
There are many advantages to having a wet room, here are some of our favourites:
- Especially important for those with limited mobility or who require wheelchair access
- A great solution for those looking to fully future proof their property
- A top quality wet room installed professionally will add value to your property
- They can also add value in your day to day life as they are easy to clean and maintain leaving you more time to do more fun things with your day
- A wet room caters for the whole family regardless of age or ability and with non-slip floors you can be sure to keep the whole family safe
- Wet rooms are a space saving solution especially for those with smaller bathrooms as they don’t require bulky fittings and fixtures
How Much Does a Wet Room Cost?
A wet room will cost you more than a walk in shower as there are things to consider such as ensuring the room is completely waterproof plus the additional time to install as they are slightly more complex than a standard bathroom. But, having a wet room installed will undoubtedly save you money over the lifespan of your bathroom but it does need to be done by a professional installer.
The team here at EA Mobility know about these things, we have over 20 years’ experience and we know that having the right mobility solution in place can make a life-changing difference to families.
So why not give us a call on 0800 468 1023 or fill out a web form to see how we can help you transform your home. Because when it comes to creating a safe and comfortable environment in order for you or your loved ones to stay at home, why would you compromise?